American University – School of Communication, Washington, DC
August 2012, B.A. Broadcast Journalism with minors in Psychology and Justice
University of Melbourne – College of Arts, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
December 2011, Study Abroad; Communications, Multidisciplinary Cultural Studies, Social Justice
- Work on-site at the United States Department of Agriculture’s (USDA) to facilitate virtual and in-person training for the USDA’s ezFedGrants system
Marketing Communications Strategist, Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
Alexandria, VA | July 2018 to September 2018
- Managed and strategically aligned messaging of external communications and public relations for SHRM Certifications, including emails, ad campaigns, social media, and internal community platforms
- Strategically planned and executed events, initiatives, and internal communications for the engagement of more than 3,000 employees in locations throughout the U.S. and Puerto Rico.
- Created e-learning content, including compliance, technology, and soft skills training, for more than 2,500 employees.
- Identified creative methods to promote and share learning and development opportunities within the organization; including the creation of a training catalog, internal L&D website, and collaborating with other departments across the organization.
- Specialized marketing and communication strategies for organizations and events.
- Support in editorial content, social media, digital marketing, multimedia, and more.
- Past and present clients include Cannabis Business Executive, The Physicians Edge, The BUD Summit, Association for Talent Development, and The CenTech Group.
- Works with Marketing to create consistent brand messaging for social media, electronic/print communications, and website content.
- Supports the President with seeking media interactions that help promote and/or impact the Affiliate.
- Work with PR team to actively engage, cultivate, and manage press relationships to ensure coverage surrounding AWM-NCAC programs, special events, public announcements, and other projects.
- Monitors social media marketing and website content updates.Human Capital Community Sr. Specialist, Association for Talent Development (ATD, formerly ASTD)
Alexandria, VA | May 2013 to April 2016
- Build and measure engagement to improve overall (online and offline) user experience for Human Capital Community members, including a monthly newsletter and sharing content on a daily/weekly basis via social media
- Research, identify, acquire, create, and curate new or repurposed content (i.e. books, blogs, graphics, case studies, videos, webcasts, podcasts, social media, etc.) from external contributors to enhance community and manage content pipeline
- Develop and nurture new/existing business relationships, mostly focused on middle managers and learning executives
- Manage budget and responsible for community P&L
Previously as Marketing Manager, Jr.
- Coordinated marketing efforts (graphics, print, videos, emails) to support up to 7 lines of business within the organization, directly resulting in more than $7 million of revenue within a year
- Implemented a content strategy and developed new programs with a 93% attendance fill rate
- Reached out to potential content contributors and increased young professional/millennial member engagement by 120%
- Strategically planned and actively monitored social media content for 5 internal clients
- Produced basic, responsive, and segmented emails using marketing automation platforms
- Wrote and edited copy daily for promotional materials – including emails and house ads (print and online)
- Applied business intelligence to prepare, analyze, and present reports for various marketing campaigns
- Updated content on multiple websites and promotional landing pages using HTML and WYSIWYG editors
Previously as Government Coordinator
Bethesda, MD | December 2012 to September 2013
- Acted as primary spokesperson and liaison for programs offered at over 10 schools throughout DC and Maryland
- Conducted outreach to build database and implement new strategies to manage relationships with parent contacts
- Composed and distributed direct electronic marketing messages
- Initiated calls and build rapport with leads generated during face-to-face outreach
- Successfully enrolled over 40 children within first 45 days of employment, ages 2-12, in enrichment lessons that vary from languages (French/Science), physical activities (Fitness, Dance, Soccer), and academia (Science, Computer)
- Represented company with poise, integrity and positivity at multiple sites and locations
Washington, DC | October 2012 to May 2013
- Developed a network of contacts and partnerships with corporate/government/private sectors to promote veteran hiring initiatives for PVA program, PAVE – Paving Access for Veteran Employment
- Planned upcoming conference for 200 people and manage promotional product development
- Researched and maintain contact with product managers, prospective entertainment and special guests for conference
- Reviewed business expense reports; draft and edit letters, memorandums, training manuals, statements and other relevant documents
Bethesda, MD | June 2012 to September 2012
- Ordered and monitored office inventory & stationery stock; computer consumables; staff room and kitchen supplies whilst ensuring the office receives a cost-effective and reliable service.
- Responsible for setting up meeting rooms for events and assisting with food preparation, set up and clearing away.
- Maintained photocopier effectiveness and respond to all technical issues.
- Provided support as main receptionist, which includes answering phone and greeting clients & visitors.
- Monitored call volume and connect callers to the accurate person/department.
Washington, DC | June 2010 to July 2012
- Served as an ambassador to the University by calling over 500 alumni and parents to update records and speak with prospects about recent events and news on the American University campus
- Successfully raised over $13,500 from 169 people in financial support for American University, with a 1:3 success rate.
Washington, DC | August 2010 to May 2012
- Responsible for planning, promoting and assisting marketing and outreach team to host special large- and small-scale events of 15 to 1,500 attendees
- Maintained database and statistics of event attendees using Excel; monitored RSVPs; research alumni, current students, and potential employers
- Wrote a detailed instructional guide for future assistants; serve as a student representative for off-campus programs and events
Washington, DC | January 2011 to May 2011
- Conducted research on a variety of subjects for reporters, including but not limited to health issues, politics, and current events
- Recorded, produced, transcribed and edited audio broadcasts
- Learned skills and techniques used in the radio newsroom through hands-on application with audio equipment, including ENPS and Adobe Audition
- Wrote weekly blog about intern experiences via an Intern Blog for the American University Career Center website
Washington, DC | June 2010 to May 2011
- Developed and executed ideas to help launch, extend, and promote grassroots marketing WONK campaign
- Contacted and maintained relations with potential prospects interested in partnering to promote American University’s new brand
Washington, DC | January 2010 to May 2010
- Worked closely with sponsoring organizations to coordinate events
- Created awareness of the “Yellow Ribbon” program through informational flyers to American University’s veteran community
- Authored press releases of recent events for AU veteran’s webpage; ensured information available on statistics and scholarships through Veteran’s Affairs
Washington, DC | January 2009 to May 2010
- Conducted prospective student tours, prepared documents, created Excel reports and responded to inquiries from students, alumni, and faculty
- Maintained student files, photocopy, sort mail, and arrange student schedules
Washington, DC | October 2009 to December 2009
- Assisted with promotions of network shows
- Created dubs of previously recorded shows; creating databases using Excel
- Notified contest winners with professionalism through email, phone, and face-to-face contact
- Assisted with editing local video productions to air online and on television using Final Cut Pro
- Proficient in Microsoft Suites – Word, Excel, Outlook, OneNote, and PowerPoint
- Strong communication skills – confidence and clarity exuded in written and verbal communication – articles, press releases, and blogs
- Interpersonal skills – demonstrate effective social behavior in a variety of settings and in diverse circumstances – networking and building rapport
- Event planning and organization using systems such as EventBrite and Simplicity to work under time / environmental pressures
- Technology and New Media – Proficient in Blogger, Facebook, Twitter, WordPress; foundational skills in production/editing using Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Audition, Audacity, and HTML
ACTIVITIES and PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Board Member, Alliance for Women in Media National Captial Area Chapter
- Member, American Society for Association Executives (ASAE)
- Member, Association for Talent Development (ATD)
- Ambassador, AU Ambassadors
- President, Lambda Zeta Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
- Community Service Chair, Greek Programming Board
- Public Relations Chair, AU Veterans
- Public Relations Chair / Secretary, NAACP: AU Chapter
- Actor and Camera Operator, American University Television (ATV)
- Actor and Narrator (2010-2012), The Vagina Monologues
- Host, American U. and Georgetown U. Greek Step/Stroll Expo
- Co-Emcee,Washington County Teen Idol at The Maryland Theatre
2015 Recipient – Runner-Up President’s Award, Association for Talent Development | Alexandria, VA
2009 Winner – American’s Idol, Singing competition | Washington, DC
2008 Runner-Up – Washington County Teen Idol, Singing competition | Hagerstown, MD
Singing, theatre, writing, domestic/international travel, learning, networking, and experiencing new adventures